Fellows Program Resources
Fellows Programs Open to all BMGT Majors
Fellows Program for BMGT Freshmen
Accounting Teaching Scholars
The Accounting Teaching Scholars program provides undergraduate accounting students the opportunity to serve as discussion leaders and teaching assistants for the beginning accounting courses, BMGT 220 and 221. It is an opportunity for qualified accounting majors to enhance their undergraduate experience by reviewing financial/managerial accounting material in preparation for the CPA exam, practicing organizational and delivery skills, and receiving monetary compensation without leaving campus. A one-credit mentoring course is offered to prepare students for their roles as teaching assistants.
Dr. Progyan Basu is the Faculty Champion for this program.
- Teach three 50-minute discussion sections of the same course on Friday each semester.
- Maintain 6 hours of office hours per week.
- Grade quizzes per semester for your discussion sections (quizzes provided by faculty)
- Proctor 5-6 exams per semester.
- Prepare for weekly class (assignments provided by faculty).
- Enroll in BMGT398C Undergraduate Teaching Scholars Training for 1cr in Fall semester.
- Pay rate is $10 per hour for 15 hours per week for 15 weeks of the semester for a total of $2,250 per semester.
- One credit course in teaching methods ( will require completion of assignments provided by faculty) .
- Position is for one semester (fall) and is renewable for subsequent semesters.
- Must be a declared accounting major.
- BMGT 310, 311, and 321 must be completed by end of semester of application.
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA with a "B" or better in BMGT 310, 311, or 321.
- Public Speaking course (COMM 100, 107 or 200) must be completed by end of semester of application.
Application & Selection Process
Fellows applications for the 2014-2015 school year are open January 2 - February 10, 2014 on the new Smith School website.