Fellows Program Resources
Fellows Programs Open to all BMGT Majors
Fellows Program for BMGT Freshmen
Banking and Private Wealth Management Fellows (formerly Financial Services)
Finance Fellows hear from Nancy Kopp, Maryland State Treasurer
Read about Banking and Private Wealth Management Fellows trip to the Federal Reserve.
The Banking and Private Wealth Management program (formerly Financial Services) is designed for students interested in the financial services industry, including traditional banking (loan officer, personal banking officer) and private wealth management (financial planners, personal investment managers). Emphasis on financial services: traditional banking, financial planners, personal investment managers. Potential partners may include commercial banks, savings and loans, credit unions, insurance companies, private wealth managers, and financial planning firms.
Dr. Elinda Kiss is the Faculty Champion for this program. Click here to view her profile.
Curriculum -- 1 year program
- BMGT340 - by Fall (if not completed already)
- BMGT341 (Financial Markets) or ECON330 (Money & Banking) - by Fall (if not completed already; could be taken concurrently with BMGT445F but not preferred)
- BMGT 313F (Dedicated fellows section of Financial Statement Analysis) - Fall
- BMGT 445F (dedicated fellows section of Banking & Financial Institutions) - Spring
- Finance Fellows Speaker Series
- Banking simulation game
- Optional site visits to the Federal Reserve and FDIC
- Mentoring program with professionals in the field
Fellows Application Eligibility
- Must be a Finance Major
- Minimum 45 credit hours at time of application.
- Grade of B- or better in BMGT340 (may complete either spring semester at time of application or fall semester. Admission is provisional contingent upon satisfactory completion of BMGT340)
- Cover letter explaining why you want to participate in the program
Fellows applications for the 2014-2015 school year are open January 2 - February 10, 2014 on the new Smith School website.