Fellows Program Resources
Fellows Programs Open to all BMGT Majors
Fellows Program for BMGT Freshmen
Sport Management Fellows
Smith alum Tyrone Brooks, Director of Player Personnel, gives tips on getting into the sports management business
The Sport Management Fellows program focuses on the worldwide enterprise of sport and the prominence of organized sports at every level in collegiate and professional sports environments, together with the significance of auxiliary industries in sports apparel and equipment, television contracts and other ancillary products and services. The program also prepares them for various roles in sport management in both the collegiate and professional sport environments and private sector enterprises.
The faculty champion for this program is Gideon Mark.
Curriculum - two-semester program
- BMGT 488A (Introduction to Sport Management) - Required - Dedicated Fellows Section - Fall
- BMGT 450F (Integrated Marketing Communications) - Required - Dedicated Fellows Section - Spring
- NOTE: Sport Management Fellows is a 2-semester sequential program with a dedicated Fellows section each semester. In order to make it possible to study abroad during the program, students would be allowed to enroll in any open section of BMGT450 upon return. This would make it possible for students to complete the program, but students who wish to study abroad will miss out on the special co-curricular activities. Ideally, these courses should be taken with the cohort.
Fellows Application Eligibility
- Must be a Business Major (any major)
- Rising Junior or Senior
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Cover letter - Discuss the value of studying sport management for your career goals.
Fellows applications for the 2014-2015 school year are open January 2 - February 10, 2014 on the new Smith School website.