Fellows Program Resources
Fellows Programs Open to all BMGT Majors
Fellows Program for BMGT Freshmen
Sophomore Wall Street Fellows
Sophomore Wall Street Finance Fellows is designed to improve education and employment opportunities for undergraduates interested in careers on Wall Street, including: investment banking, mergers and acquisitions, sales and trading, asset management and private banking. The program will educate students about what they need to know to compete for these positions and succeed in interviews. This program will assist students who know early in their college careers that they are interested in finance, and investment banking in particular.
Dr. David Kass, is the primary faculty champion for this program. Julie Pavlovsky is the secondary faculty champion for this program.
Curriculum - one-year program
- BMGT 340F Business Finance (Fall of sophomore year; may take pre-requisite course BMGT221 concurrently in Fall if not already completed)
- BMGT341F (previously BMGT498G) Financial Markets (Spring of sophomore year)
- Attend Finance Fellows events (2 events in fall and 2 events in spring required).
- Compete for a summer internship in the finance field.
- Attend limited number of additional investment banking speaker programs.
- Rising sophomores (freshman status at time of application)
- Finance majors
- Minimum 3.0 GPA, 3.5 GPA preferred
- Must be available for a summer internship
- Cover letter explaining why the student want to participate in the Wall Street fellows program
Fellows applications for the 2014-2015 school year are open January 2 - February 10, 2014 on the new Smith School website.