Fellows Program Resources
Fellows Programs Open to all BMGT Majors
Fellows Program for BMGT Freshmen
Junior Wall Street Fellows
Junior Wall Street Finance Fellows is designed to improve education and employment opportunities for undergraduates interested in careers on Wall Street including investment banking, mergers and acquisitions, sales and trading, asset management and private banking. The program will educate students about what they need to know to compete for these positions and succeed in interviews. The program will establish mentoring with alumni in the field and help create a stronger Smith School community within the finance industry. Students will receive individual coaching preparing them to compete for a summer investment banking internship. As a result, they will be well positioned to secure a full-time career position in the investment banking industry upon graduation.
Julie Pavlovsky is the faculty champion for this program.
Curriculum - one-year program
- BMGT398W, one-credit course focusing on the investment industry, including industry speakers and interview prep (fall)
- BMGT 448F, Wall Street Finance (spring)
- BMGT 448E, Computational Finance (fall or spring)
- Attend Finance Fellows speakers series (2 events in fall and 2 events in spring required).
- Fall: career workshops, Wall Street Prep course, Wall Street commercial careers course
- Weekly non-credit class to prepare for interviews in investment banking and to gain an understanding of the industry. Classes will include industry guest speakers.
- Trip to New York City to visit investment banks and network with alumni
- Networking with an assigned Smith alumni industry mentor.
- Compete for a summer internship in the investment banking industry.
- Finance majors
- Minimum 3.0 GPA, 3.5 GPA preferred
- Rising juniors only (sophomore status at time of application)
- Cover letter explaining why the student wants to participate in Wall Street Fellows II.
- Student must be available for a summer internship
- Student must be planning to graduate by the May completion of the Fellows program or later.
Fellows applications for the 2014-2015 school year are open January 2 - February 10, 2014 on the new Smith School website.